Monday, February 16, 2009

Questions You Should Ask an MLM Company Before You Join.

How many people out there signed up for an MLM company with big expectations of making money then find out later that it’s a very hard way to succeed. There have been many times I have been sucked in the pretty picture they paint. I hate when some of the people working with these companies lie to you just to get as many people as they can underneath their organization, then offer you no help once you join. The majority of MLM companies make it sound easy and say “anyone can be successful”. I don’t want to knock all MLM companies out there. There are some good ones that are legitimate. There are details you should look at with every company before you spend the money to invest. One of the most important things you should do is research. You will need to find out how stable each company is are and compare them to their competition.

  1. What is the start-up cost and what does it include? Beware of huge upfront fees, the risk is usually much greater and make sure you are getting a good value for the money.
  2. What kind of training do I get once I start? Make sure if you sign up that you sign up with someone that has proven to be successful and is willing to spend the time with you to properly train you.
  3. What type of service or product will I be selling? Is this something you can truly believe in and feel good about selling?
  4. Will I be expected to put in a minimum order every month or every quarter? Make sure you can sell more than the minimum amount required each month or quarter.
  5. Will I be expected to recruit a minimum amount of people? Many MLM’s require you to recruit a specified number of people in order to make money in your downline.
  6. How much commission will I make?
  7. If I want to purchase something do I get a special discount off the retail price?
  8. Is shipping & handling additional or does it come out of my commission?
  9. How long do items typically take to ship to my customer?
  10. What kind of Guarantee or Warranty does the company have on their products?
  11. Will I need to purchase supplies such as Catalogs, order forms, etc.?
  12. What other company benefits or incentives does this company have and how easy is it to achieve those goals?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: